Skills activity featuring doors to open, close, and explore.
Each door fastens with a different lock or latch.
Highlights familiar places and intriguing scenes.
Sturdy wooden board with metal hardware and hinges.
Builds fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and imaginative play.
Discover Countless Ways To Play
(1) Ask the child to open a specific colored door ("Can you open up the white door?") and identify all the colors behind it (pink, purple, red, green, white, yellow, blue, and black).
(2) Play treasure hunt: Ask the child to find a specific picture hidden behind one of the doors. ("Where is the dinosaur?")
(3) Ask the child to open all the doors and identify how many of an object he or she can spot. ("How many rabbits are there behind all the doors?")
(4) Ask the child to identify how many doors have a particular shape or pattern. ("How many doors have stripes? How many have stars? How many have circles?")
(5) Challenge the child to identify what's happening behind each door. ("Where has the green car been today?")
(6) Start a story about one of the doors and ask the child to finish it. ("The student opens her red locker and finds . . . ")